Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Update



Hello friends. Its been a long time since I last updated my blog. Much has happened- many good things. It is Father's Day, June 2007. As far as the cancer goes, I underwent two separate clinical trials this Spring and failed them both. Each caused a violent reaction in me that caused MD Anderson and us to rethink what we are doing. Right now the three brain tumors are not growing and I seem to be in possession of my mental faculties (Some might argue that I was never in possession of these). We are waiting two weeks to let the most recent chemotherapy wash out of my system before we plan the next course of action.

As you can see from the picture at the left, my two daughters Tiffany (on the left - my right) and Michelle (the taller one to my left) have grown nicely. They are beautiful, loving daughters shown enjoying being with Dad on Father's day. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family. As you can see, I retain my handsome good looks. The family will tell you that I also am still "without a doubt."

To my students! Mathman lives! I continue to live on the surface of this oblate spheroid and to imagine what life would be like in Non Euclidean space. I continue to mainain that pie are not square but very much round and that I can't imagine anything more beautiful than e^Pie(i)+1=zero.

I look forward to this next school year at Conroe High School, home of the Tigers and continuing the Mathman legend.

Love to all. Mike Mathman Sheridan

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dad, I love you so much and still check your blog everyday! I am glad you recently updated it. I was so happy to see you for Father's Day!

You have the BEST attitude and am so proud of you as my father!

Love,
Your Daughter Michelle

klucia said...

HI Mike,
Steve and I are glad you are keeping your since of humor. We keep think about you often and keep you in our prayers. You have two beautiful daughters, and 3 beautiful granddaughters. Keep the faith,
and we will just keep praying for
recovery.
Karolyne & Steve Lucia

Tiffany said...

I am so glad to see another blog, I so enjoy reading them!

You ARE without a doubt, dad. I love you so much and look forward to watching you touch the lives of more people you meet through this stuggle.

Love,
Tiffany

chrystisox said...

Mike,
Michelle and Sunshine talk so much about what a wonderful man you are! Maybe someday I will get to meet you. I am praying for your recovery and I know God will heal you. Look what He has done already! Keep the faith and be strong. Also - MATH RULES!

Chrysti Bowersox

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, You are such a great inspiration to me and all the people around you whose lives you touch. I know you are going to feel better because you have so many people whose thoughts and prayers are with you every day. I talked to Dad and Mom Monday and they asked about you and said hello. Even Rumpus and Wilbur, my dogs at the car lot, said to give you two paws up. Love, Clayton

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad,

Just checking your blogs before I go to sleep tonight. Thank you for uplifting me at work today - you truly made my day!! See, there you go again, you just can't help it that God put you on this planet to inspire people!

Love,
Michelle

Sunshine C said...

Hi Mike. I am glad to see an update from you. I just wanted you to know that my Mom, Charles and I talk about you and your wonderful family all the time. You are very loved and we are lucky to know you, Pat, Tiffany and Michelle. Stay strong!
Love Always (dont' get any crazy thoughts),
Sunshine

darcie said...

Mr. Sheridan,

I was glad to see a new update. Keep your head up and your positive attitude. We are all praying for you and your family. You have a beautiful family

Darcie, Shorty's mom

Bill Bowman said...

Hi Mike:

You do not know us but we heard about your battle against the same beast that a dear friend of ours is fighting in Dallas - Your daughter Tiffany is a friend of our daughter Tracy Elliott - they met in our church Fellowship of the Woodlands. We want you to know that you have a lot of people you never heard of praying for you. May God bless you and yours and give you strength knowing that He loves you.

Our Best Regards,

Bill and Val Bowman

MeShele said...

I just wanted you to know that we thinking of you. We miss seeing you.

God Bless you

Faith, Hope, and Love
MeShele

Anthony said...

Man you need to get on Mannatech dude! Haven't you heard about Angie Rhodes?
email or call me if you need some info!
Tony

Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthony said...

I forgot to add her blog addess... I hope you will read it.

http://angie-rhoads.blogspot.com/

The TRUTH SHALL SET US ALL FREE !

chrystisox said...

hey! how are you doing? leave us another blog so we can catch up with ya! have a hppy fourth tomorrow and hope to hear from you soon!
chrysti:)

Sarosh Ahmed, SPT said...

An update! YES! I love love love your message to your students! A group I joined on facebook is called "I'll be (sin x)^2 and you'll be (cos x)^2 and we'll make one"! It made me laugh...and think of calculus...
I'll be seeing you soon! Can't wait!

shablog said...

Mr. Sheridan,

I hope you had a good summer...Keep us updated, we're rooting for you!

Elaine