Monday, September 3, 2007

Summer's Over


Hello! Its September 2007 and I'm going along singing a song. Life is good. We are now going through our third clinical trial to fight this thing called a glioblastoma tumor of the brain. This treatment involves IV treatments with Avastin in combination with Temozolomide. We have a great team at MD Anderson and every confidence they are doing their best for us.
There are actually three of these tumors, but they have not grown very much and we have learned to get along well. Actually, having them gives me a good excuse to be a little forgetful and to somehow not hear Pat when she asks me to do chores around the house. See, there's a silver lining in every cloud.
I am back to work at Conroe High School, best school in the US of A and filled with wonderful students and staff. I couldn't ask for a better place to work. I am now the math coach at Conroe High.
If you look closely at the picture enclosed, you'll see that Pat has been trying to cut my hair. Yup, I put a cereal bowl on my head; Pat runs the electric clippers over my head and wahoo I look like John-Boy on the Waltons! Its only hair.
Thanks for all your prayers and many kindnesses. I am a lucky man.
Mike

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Dad,

I am happy to see your new blog, you are such an entertaining writer I think. You also look so handsome and healthy in your picture! Glad the tumors are getting along well! :)

Excited that I am the first to leave you a comment.

Love you very much!
Michelle

Crystal said...

ummm....did you say Conroe High was the best school in the US of A? I clearly remember Branch Crossing being in the US of A as well. One can not forget the good ol' days at Branch Crossing. Could we compromise by agreeing that Branch and Conroe tie for #1?
Just consider it and let me know. Go Lions and Go Mathman!

Tiffany said...

Okay dad, this is to everyone else but you.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and kindness involving my dad!

My dad:

Amazing and selfless, optimistic and kind, giving and loving, strong and honest, smart and loyal. A great dad, husband, friend, teacher, collegue, soldier and warrior!

When you read his posts or talk to him you get the impression that he is not experiencing any discomforts. I am here to tell you, that is not the truth. When you hear any discomfort, add about 20 times to that,then you get the real picture.

Pat, his wife and my second mom, is just the same. She is behind the scenes here, and will also not express her pain or stress or grief. She is the MOST selfless person ever. She is his rock, which you can only imagine how strong she has to be, to be in that position. She is the most amazing wife and friend to him that a women could possibly be.

Please keep him and Pat in your prayers, this past year has been just so hard on them.

Love,

Tiff

Tiffany said...

I love you dad,

Tiff

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 59TH BIRTHDAY!! Just wanted to wish you the best day ever and I will call you this evening on my way home from work.

Bunches of Love,
Michelle

Sarosh Ahmed, SPT said...

Hey Mr. Sheridan!
Remember that task you assigned me a long, long time ago? About finding the surface area of a bird? Well, I think I'm making some headway! I'll let you in on the details when I see you!

Sarosh

Unknown said...

Hi Mr. Sheridan, it's Abby!

I recently got in touch with Tiff and she sent me your blog link. I am glad you still sound and look like the same awesome Dad I knew back in B-town. Your wonderful, positive spirit and fabulous sense of humor have not wavered. You are an inspiration to us all. Please know that you and Pat are in my thoughts (please tell the misses I said HI!), and I will check back soon!

Love,

Ab

Anonymous said...

Dad,

I am back in town from Denver and in the Houston office. Glad to be home and to hear the WONDERFUL news that all (3) tumors have shrunk!!!!! Thank you GOD.

Love you bunches and bunches,
Michelle

Bill Hitchcock said...

Mike,

If Sarosh has a solution to the surface area of a bird, would please ask her to stop by my office.

Bill