Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Army Surplus to the rescue

Hi Y'all

Thanks for all your nice comments on this blog thing. Still getting used to it. Ms. Butler, you'll have me up to speed in no time - thanks.

MDA says I have to have a hat on my head at all times while outside. Has to have a brim. Well, my wife thinks the straw hat I have is funny lookin on me. My collection of baseball caps and John Deere hats don't have a brim all the way around. So, we went to Academy Sports Store.

Ah, what a treat to go to Academy. I wanted to look at all the footballs, baseballs, soccer balls, bats, bikes, hockey sticks, all great stuff, but we needed to find the hunting and fishin hats. Good hats, well camouflaged. But, too much polyester and shiny. Kinda looked like a 2nd lieutenant in a new uniform.

So, off to the Army Surplus Store on 1960. Now this is the home of all good stuff. P38 can openers, fatigues, jungle boots, army blankets - the soul of America. Hot dawg. I was in heaven. Well yup, they had just what I needed - bush hats straight from the Vietnam era. Not only were they all cotton and fully brimmed, but they have slots in the headband for important stuff like insect repellent, salt tabs, and TP. Great. So, next time you see me, let me know how you like my new hat!

Radiation starts next week.

Yours truly,
Mathman

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Dad,

I am a little excited to see you in your "raiders of the lost ark" looking hat. You going to be pretty handsome!

I have to be honest with you, I was a little nervous that you were going to wear something like your black and red, flannel, ear flap hat you wore when I was in high school.

Love you and I am glad you had fun today!
Tiff

Jamie said...

Be sure to carry lots of TP in your hat. You never know when you're going to be stranded...

Sarosh Ahmed, SPT said...

Mr. Sheridan!
How's it going? Great to hear from you again! Now I know exactly where to go next time I need a hat...
YEAH RED SOX!!
Sarosh

Mary said...

Mr. Sheridan,

Wow! Finally got onto your blog! Glad to see your spirits up and trip to A/S store exciting!

Be sure to keep lots of supplies handy. My mom took her best friend to MDA for her cancer treatments and would get lost in there. You never know when you might need some TP or water or something!

Brittany says that class is not the same or as fun without you. I do know she really misses one of her fave teachers of all time!

Get well soon. We do pray for you fervently!

Merry Christmas!

Brittany Ketcher's mom
Mary

darcie said...

Wow, sounds like yesterday was a major adventure. I can't wait to see the cool hat. You should have asked Shorty for a loner. I looked in his trunk today and now I know where all his clothes went. Hats, coats, sweaters, your getting the picture.
Glad your new hat has a place to stash stuff. You never know when you might need some extra pockets.

Glad to meet all your friends through this cool blog.

Hope you have a peaceful Christmas.

Darcie

Jim W said...

Mike,

You always have fun with a great attitude at all times. Your "hat experience" brought chuckles. Letterman should have you on to tell that story. Comedian or mathman, you are good at either.
I look forward to a photo of you in that hat.

I would be honored to have the opportunity to help you and Pat in some way, possibly provide some transportation to and from treatments or whatever helps. Let me know.

Update, I am now retired from R E. Still advise clients and friends when asked. Right now repairing my rental properties.

Hope to see you soon,
Jim W.

tar'd said...

I'll see if I can get you a Key West Guide's hat. They (the hat and the guides) are really ugly.

Pat said...

Well the hat is OK but an hour wandering around Army Surplus was too much for me! Your positive attitude and humor is what keeps me going. I love you. Pat

Linda K said...

Hey Michael! Don't know what the fuss is about, look pretty handsome in the hat . Been thinking about you alot, and it's good to see you are still wearing a smile on your face. I know how difficult this is for you and for pat and the girls. Please, don't hesitate to ask for help in anyway ,I would love to see you and just chat someday soon.I am working nights now, and feel so out of touch with the daytime world now, perhaps we could compare notes on MDA. love Linda