Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Pill

Hi Folks

Thanks for all the fun notes you have been sending me. They really lift my spirits up. If my spirits get too good, I worry I might could explode!

Well, yup, the chemo starts later today. Have to take a pill so toxic that nobody else can even touch it. Only me. Holy cow, don't think I want to chew on it at all. Think I'll just wash it down fast. Kinda like the coffee I drink so hot that it doesn't stop anywhere on the way down.

Am wondering if I will become toxic too! Sounds a little like the Twilight Zone. Or maybe an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Can you hear that weird Psycho music playing? Maybe we can cut down on the electric light bill here since I will be glowing in the dark:)

Thanks for all your prayers.
Mathman Mike Sheridan

5 comments:

tar'd said...

That must have been weird. What was the chemical? I don't know if I should call it a medicine.

bonhar said...

Mike,
You sure sound positive and wonderful. Know that this is a key in getting well. Hope you do not glow in the dark and that you found the perfect hat. Praying for you daily and awaiting your return. I know Amanda and I certainly have missed your humor and smiling face in the hall. Dance Teacher Bonnie Harwood

darcie said...

Hope you aren't felling to poorly today. Josh and I thought about you all afternoon, hoping that your positive attitude would make the unknown easier.

Keep up the almost daily updates. We all miss you

Darcie and Josh

tonyamc said...

Good afternoon Mr. Sheridan. You sound great. Can't wait to see the new hat. How was Christmas with the babies? We just wanted to stop by and say...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2007, it will be a great year for all of us. I know for sure. Take care and love you tons!
Tonya and Sara

socjrich said...

Thanks you for all you have done for me. I understand why we teach. It is not just for the children, but how our friends we meet keep us going.